Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Constant Companions


These days, I find that I spend much of my time in the companionship of my two little birds. Much of what I do seems to be interesting to them, and they will often fly in to investigate. On this particular evening, I was getting ready to accompany Darren to his wrap party. The birds are usually interested in the beautification process (they are birds after all!) - with all the opening and closing of drawers, the makeup brushes, and the little containers with colourful contents. They will sit on the laundry rack and watch, sometimes coming closer and landing on the dresser to investigate the jars and maybe finding a hairtie to chew (my birds LOVE to snap hairties). Often they watch the whole process from my shoulder. Once Joey even landed on my makeup brush as I was applying some eyeshadow. The only thing that seems to scare them away is the hairdryer. On this particular occassion, however, the curlers proved to be irresistable! They sat on my shoulders as they went in, only briefly flying away when hair or curlers would come too close, but coming right back as soon as possible. Once the curlers were in place, and no longer moving around, the birds happily begain to "beak" them. Thankfully their beaks are small and my curlers are made of durable plastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute! And the birds are kinda cute too.

Gathuku said...

Wonderful pictures! Her Majesty is most amused.

If you like bird stories, try my personal blog sometimes-2, http://mai-sometimes.blogspot.com, go to the archives on 16 Feb 2007, the post Lilly. Thuki gets into the story about halfway down.

And may I make a suggestion? For those of us of the trifocal generation, the small print is awfully hard to read.